Sealing your ceramic cremation urn can be confusing for some, we have split this task in to simple instructions to make it easier for you. Discover below our steps to insure that your urn has been sealed correctly and will therefore be safe to place indoors and outdoors.
Ceramic urns need to be sealed with a small amount of glue onto the lip of the lid to ensure that they are securely closed. Follow the instructions below to make sure your urn will be properly sealed.
- Place your urn upside down. If you haven’t already, place the ashes into the urn, ready to prepare for gluing the lid.
- Please ensure that the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free of dust. Apply glue evenly, covering the whole lip.
- Place the cap carefully and rotate it 90°. Centre the cap so it covers the hole evenly, leaving no gaps.
- Apply more glue to fill the space between the lip and the cap. Leave your urn in this position for 10-15 minutes.
- In 10 minutes, the glue will have formed a silicone-like layer. The glue is no longer sticky and you can now move your urn.
- The glue will fully harden in 4-8 hours, depending on circumstances, like temperature and humidity.