Sealing your ceramic cremation urn can be confusing for some, we have split this task in to simple instructions to make it easier for you. Discover below our steps to insure that your urn has been sealed correctly and will therefore be safe to place indoors and outdoors.
Ceramic urns need to be sealed with a small amount of glue onto the lip of the lid to ensure that they are securely closed. Follow the instructions below to make sure your urn will be properly sealed.
- Place your urn upside down. If you haven’t already, place the ashes into the urn, ready to prepare for gluing the lid.
- Please ensure that the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free of dust. Apply glue evenly, covering the whole lip.
- Place the cap carefully and rotate it 90°. Centre the cap so it covers the hole evenly, leaving no gaps.
- Apply more glue to fill the space between the lip and the cap. Leave your urn in this position for 10-15 minutes.
- In 10 minutes, the glue will have formed a silicone-like layer. The glue is no longer sticky and you can now move your urn.
- The glue will fully harden in 4-8 hours, depending on circumstances, like temperature and humidity.
Inserted below is a picture of our Ceramic Cat Cremation Urn For Pets, a wonderful example of our modern ceramic urns.
Pictured below is another ceramic urn from our collection called the Memory Cremation Urn For Ashes.
You can find our whole collection of ceramic urns in our store.
We hope that this article has enlightened you on how to seal your ceramic cremation urn and the correct places that your urn should be kept in to retain its beauty for years to come.
If you have any further questions or queries please visit our other articles which are linked below:
- What size urn do I need?
- Where to place your urn?
- What is the cost of an urn?
- How to fill a cremation urn?
- Memorial Jewellery: What type is best for me?
- What materials are used in cremation urns?
- How to fill ashes jewellery?
Or feel free to contact us and we can help guide you through this difficult time.
Phone Number: 0161 533 0805